With shares of Ford Motor (NYSE:F) trading around $15, is F an OUTPERFORM, WAIT AND SEE, or STAY AWAY? Letâ€™s analyze the stock with the relevant sections of our CHEAT SHEET investing framework:
T = Trends for a Stock’s Movement
Ford is a producer of cars and trucks. The company also engages in other businesses, such as financing vehicles. Ford operates in two sectors, automotive, and financial services. Through its sectors, Ford provides a wide range of vehicles, vehicle parts, and services to a multitude of consumers and companies worldwide. The companyâ€™s products saw declining demand in the past several years as gasoline prices took a major toll on pockets. Ford is now revolutionizing its vehicles in order to compete on the world stage. Look for Ford to fuel a recovery in the American automobile industry and provide highly demanded vehicles, parts, and services.
Itâ€™s no secret that Ford CEO Alan Mulally is a leading candidate for the chief executive slot over at Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT), and Ford is well aware. Whether Mulally is awarded the position or not, itâ€™s reportedly unlikely that he will remain in Fordâ€™s top slot past next year, which means the automaker will have to find someone to fill his shoes — a daunting task, given how well the company has done under Mulallyâ€™s command.Â However, a group of longtime employees at Ford — dubbed â€œlifersâ€ — are hoping that Mulallyâ€™s inevitable exit will provide them with another chance, and that the management team that Mulally put together feels that his time to go is nearing. Fordâ€™s chief operating officer, Mark Fields, is widely regarded as the most probable replacement, Reuters reports.
Top Consumer Stocks For 2015: ForeverGreen Worldwide Corp (FVRG)
ForeverGreen Worldwide Corporation, incorporated on March 18, 1999, is a holding company that operates through its wholly owned subsidiary, ForeverGreen International, LLC. The Company’s product philosophy is to develop, manufacture and market the science and nature through formulations as the Company produces and manufacture a wide arrays of whole foods, nutritional supplements, personal care products and essential oils. The Company provides health answers, not only through exclusive nutritional whole food beverages, but also by providing a broad product lines of delicious whole foods that can be eaten for every meal, instead of the processed, fatty and preservative-laden synthetic meals prevalent in society.
The Company provides the every-meal answer with a variety of appetizing healthy food products that allow its Members and customers to eat healthy for every meal and snack throughout the day. In addition, the Company provides healthy personal care products as an alternative to the chemical-laden and synthetic products in the marketplace that may potentially negatively impacts its health. The Company’s products, along with a distinct and fresh corporate philosophy and message of physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health through service to community and others, attract consumers as well as Members who wish to own a home-based business selling the Company’s products and spreading its health message.
The Company’s primary product is FrequenSea, a whole-food beverage consisting of a blend of marine phytoplankton, ionic sea minerals, frankincense, rose, ginger and aloe vera in a base of blueberry, cranberry and lime juice concentrate. soluble. FrequenSea is sold as a single bottle, in individual single-serving packets or even in four-bottle packs. The marine phytoplankton in FrequenSea contains more than 200 different sea algae that are all processed through patent-pending harvesting processes. Azul is a rich-in-antioxidant, delicious powdered blend of 24 raw whole food and fruit ingredients and probiotics that are naturally dried and blended to preserve their natural integrity.The Company’s whole food offerings consist of a variety of healthy, natural food products that are made onsite in the Company’s whole-food manufacturing facility. Versativa Pulse based with hemp seed, consists of 17 different nuts, seeds, fruits, grains and other whole foods. Pulse is offered in various flavors, either loose in bags or in snack bars, and may be used as a snack or a meal replacement.
The Company competes with NuSkin, Neways, Young Living Essential Oils, Amway Corporation, Herbalife and NuSkin Enterprises.
- [By CRWE]Today, FVRG remains (0.00%) +0.000 at $.780 thus far (ref. google finance Delayed: 10:06AM EDT August 12, 2013).
ForeverGreen Worldwide Corporation previously reported that sales are continuing to flourish. Sales for July 2013 increased to in excess of $1.44 million compared to $1.04 million during July 2012, an increase of 38.1%. Sequentially, sales increased 12.3% compared to June 2013.
- [By CRWE]Last Friday, FVRG had shed (-15.38%) down -0.100 at $.550 with 20,050 shares in play at the close (ref. google finance August 16, 2013 â€“ Close).
ForeverGreen Worldwide Corporation previously reported that sales are continuing to flourish. Sales for July 2013 increased to in excess of $1.44 million compared to $1.04 million during July 2012, an increase of 38.1%. Sequentially, sales increased 12.3% compared to June 2013.
Top Consumer Stocks For 2015: Bell AG (BELL)
Bell AG is a Switzerland-based company that is primarily engaged in the production and distribution of meat. The Company has seven product groups. The Fresh Meat product group is involved in the supply of self-service meat products for the retail trade and products for the restaurant trade, as well as Vaudois specialties. The Charcuterie (own and purchased) product groups offer ready-cooked products, both under the Bell brand and under a number of customers’ own brands. The Poultry product group offers various poultry products, as well as specialty meats, such as rabbit, game, ostrich and kangaroo. The Convenience product group offers ready-cooked seasonal convenience products, such as domestic and imported fish. Within the Seafood product group, the Company offers fresh and frozen seafood. Bell AGâ€™s brands include Abraham, Zimbo and Polette, among others. The Company operates subsidiaries in Switzerland, Germany, France, Spain, Belgium, Hungary and other countries. Advisors’ Opinion:
- [By Tannor Pilatzke]Investment ideas are scarce and hard to come by at times. People constantly ask me about companies they work for (Bell) or businesses they purchase a lot of product from (P&G or Coca-Cola), and what I think about the prospects/valuation. When it is not the blue chips in the limelight it certainly is the Netflixâ€™s,Tesla’s, 3-D printing, and other companies I would classify as speculative. It is not that I am a Grinch, but I do not like giving out investment ideas. Rather, I attempt to give lessons. As Maimonides said, â€œGive a man a fish, feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime.â€
Top Consumer Stocks For 2015: Carlisle Companies Incorporated (CSL)
Carlisle Companies Incorporated operates as a diversified manufacturing company in the United States and internationally. Its Construction Materials segment manufactures and sells rubber and thermoplastic polyolefin roofing systems; rigid foam insulation panels for various roofing applications; and liquid and spray-applied waterproofing membranes, vapor and air barriers, and HVAC duct sealants and hardware for the commercial and residential construction markets, as well as markets and sells polyvinyl chloride membrane and accessories. The companyÂ’s Transportation Products segment offers bias-ply, steel-belted radial trailer tires, stamped or roll-formed steel wheels, non-automotive rubber tires, and tire and wheel assemblies; and power transmission products, such as industrial belts and related components. Its Brake and Friction segment provides off-highway braking systems and friction products for off-highway, on-highway, aircraft, and other industrial applications. The companyÂ’s Interconnect Technologies segment offers wire, cable, contacts, fiber optic, RF/microwave, and specialty filtered connectors; specialty cable assemblies; integrated wired racks; trays; and airframe subsystem solutions primarily for the aerospace, defense electronics, and test and measurement industries. Its FoodService Products segment provides commercial and institutional foodservice permanentware, table coverings, cookware, display pieces, lighting equipment, and supplies to restaurants, hotels, hospitals, nursing homes, schools, and correctional facilities; and industrial brooms, brushes, mops, and rotary brushes. The company markets its products to original equipment manufacturers, distributors, and end-users. It serves customers in commercial roofing, energy, agriculture, lawn and garden, mining and construction equipment, aerospace and electronics, dining and food delivery, and healthcare markets. The company was founded in 1917 and is headquartered in Charl otte, North Carolina.
- [By Lee Samaha]Carlisle Companies (NYSE: CSL ) also has a major construction materials division that supplies roofing products to Beacon. It appears to have taken the opposite approach to Owens Corning, and gone for volume growth instead ofÂ keeping pricing and margins up.Â In discussing its third quarter results on Oct.22, Carlisle disclosed:
- [By Adam Haigh]CSL Ltd. (CSL), a maker of blood-derived therapies that gets more than a third of its sales in the U.S., advanced 3.1 percent in Sydney. Toyota Motor Corp. gained 1.1 percent in Tokyo as the yen weakened against the dollar, boosting the earnings outlook for Asiaâ€™s largest carmaker. Kingsgate Consolidated Ltd. fell 4.7 percent in Sydney as the gold miner reported an 18 percent drop in quarterly output.
- [By Monica Gerson]Carlisle Companies (NYSE: CSL) is expected to report its Q3 earnings at $1.20 per share on revenue of $977.18 million.
Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW) is estimated to report its Q3 earnings at $0.92 per share on revenue of $3.59 billion.
Top Consumer Stocks For 2015: lululemon athletica inc.(LULU)
Lululemon Athletica Inc., together with its subsidiaries engages in the design, manufacture, and distribution of athletic apparel and accessories for women, men, and female youth primarily in Canada, the United States, and Australia. Its apparel assortments include fitness pants, shorts, tops, and jackets for healthy lifestyle activities, such as yoga, running, and general fitness. The company?s fitness-related accessories comprise bags, socks, underwear, yoga mats, instructional yoga DVDs, and water bottles. It sells its products through its retail stores; independent franchises; and a network of wholesale accounts, such as yoga studios, health clubs, and fitness centers, as well as directly to consumers through e-commerce. As of May 1, 2011, the company had 142 corporate-owned and franchise stores under the lululemon athletica and ivivva athletica brand names. Lululemon Athletica Inc. was founded in 1998 and is based in Vancouver, Canada.
- [By Grace L. Williams]Here at STW, weâ€™ve covered Lululemon (LULU)–a lot. The good, the bad, the neutral and of course, weâ€™ve thrown in more yoga metaphors than you can shake a stick at for good measure.
Today, however, it’s not all about Lululemon. But it is about athletic apparel as Canaccord Genuityâ€™s Camilo Lyon takes a look at sentiment on Lululemon alongside competitors Nike (NKE) and Under Armour (UA).
In the note, Lyon writes that the athletic apparel industry is poised to grow this year as more consumers jump on the sportswear as everyday apparel bandwagon. We’re thinking: the velour track suit craze of the 2000s meets todayâ€™s fabrics, styles and cuts. We’re also hoping this craze doesnâ€™t grow to involve clothes with messages like “Juicy” scrawled across the hiney.
Getting back to that note: Lyon noted that all three companies could benefit from a potential ease in duty costs:
We believe there is a potential for duty costs from Vietnam to materially ease in 2016 on exports to the U.S. Currently duty rates range from 32%-35% and the expectation is that those costs could go to zero. If this comes to fruition, we believe it would be a significant benefit.
Regarding Lululemon, Lyon noted that an increase in marketing could help bring customers back to its stores and revive its market-share lead. Lyon also considers the addition of more quality assurance technicians a positive. He explains:
Lululemon now has offices in Hong Kong and Taiwan to monitor the quality of the outgoing garments, and is testing its production runs with greater frequency. As such, we expect product flow improvements to happen over the course of 2014, resulting in a gradual and sequentially improving comp trajectory.
Shares of Lululemon have dropped 1% to $49.37 at 3 p.m. today. Nike has gained 1.2% to $78.34, while Under Armour is down 0.5% at 115.53.
- [By DailyFinance Staff]Concerns about the political uncertainty in Ukraine caused some volatility in the markets Friday afternoon, with the major indexes making several U-turns ahead of the weekend. The Dow Jones industrial average (^DJI), which had been up by as much as 125 points, briefly dropped into loss territory before rebounding to end 49 points higher. The Standard & Poor’s 500 index (^GPSC) edged up 5 points, adding to Thursday’s record high, but the Nasdaq composite (^IXIC) lost 10 points. AP/Darko VojinovicPro-Russian militias have seized local government buildings in Crimea, Ukraine; the unrest there is making investors around the world nervous. February was a great month for investors. All three major averages jumped by about 4 percent. UnitedHealth Group (UNH) led the blue chips, gaining 1½ percent. Other health providers – Aetna (AET), Wellpoint (WLP), Cigna (CI) and Humana (HUM) — all gained between 1½ and 2 percent. And retail stocks remained active. Target (TGT) added another 3 percent. Best Buy rose 4 percent, and Fred’s (FRED), a regional department store chain, jumped 10 percent. But Pier 1 (PIR) fell 5½ percent after lowering its earnings outlook for a second time. That led to a series of brokerage downgrades. Decker Outdoor (DECK) tumbled 12 percent. The maker of footwear brands such as Ugg and Teva issued a weak outlook. And apparel maker Lululemon (LULU) fell 5-percent on negative comments from Credit Suisse. It seems as though there are always some big movers in the drug and biotech sectors – and that was certainly the case today. GW Pharmaceuticals (GWPH) rose 2 percent after the FDA granted orphan status to its drug to treat a rare form of childhood epilepsy. But most of the action was on the downside. Endologix (ELGX) slid 24 percent after forecasting lower revenue growth. Questcor (QCOR) fell 10 percent. It’s lost big for three straight days amid allegations of questionable business practices. Jazz Pharma
- [By Grace L. Williams]On March 27, athletic wear maker Lululemon Athletica (LULU) should report fourth quarter earnings after the market close. We anticipate colorful results in the footnotes since Lululemon has made countless headlines and many folks either love ‘em or hate ‘em right now.
- [By Grace L. Williams]Life may have handed Lululemon (LULU) a few lemons via disgruntled customers and bad PR moves. Analysts, however, have chosen to make lemonade.
Consider: Yesterday, two bullish notes prompted us to ask, “Whatâ€™s With All the Positivity?”; and those two notes were preceded by two others earlier this month. Well, even more upbeat sentiment came through today, this time from Barclays analyst Matthew McClintock.
In his note, McClintock reiterated his rating and price target, and he acknowledged Lululemonâ€™s dismal news events of last year. But McClintock also pointed out that when Lululemonâ€™s peers suffered similar woes, they also experienced drops in internet-search activity. Instead, Lululemon continues to drive traffic. He explains:
Internet search activity related to Lululemon continues to grow in a similar manner as the fastest growing brands in the U.S. today (Michael Kors (KORS), Under Armour (UA), etc). Competitor yoga-inspired brands achieve only a very small fraction of the search activity of Lululemon.
McClintock remains bullish on the company due to its â€œexceptional productâ€ and its category dominance in the female consumer market. Better yet is the change at the top. McClintock writes:
New management brings stability that did not exist in 2013 as well as experience with processes of more mature retail/apparel companies that should allow for the construction of a sustainable growth story for Lululemon.
Shares of Lululemon have ticked up 0.1% to $51.48, while Nike (NKE) has dipped 0.3% to $75, Under Armour is down 0.4% at $107.04 and Michael Kors is off 0.8% at $98.10.
Top Consumer Stocks For 2015: Owens-Illinois Inc.(OI)
Owens-Illinois, Inc., through its subsidiaries, manufactures and sells glass container products primarily in Europe, North America, South America, and the Asia Pacific. The company produces glass containers for beer, ready-to-drink low alcohol refreshers, spirits, wine, food, tea, juice, and pharmaceuticals, as well as for soft drinks and other non-alcoholic beverages, including returnable/refillable glass containers. It serves brewers, wine vintners, distillers, and food producers. The company sells its products directly to customers under annual or multi-year supply agreements, as well as through distributors. Owens-Illinois, Inc. was founded in 1903 and is headquartered in Perrysburg, Ohio.
- [By Anora Mahmudova]Owens Illinois Inc. (OI) Â fell 1.9%. Analysts at Bank of America Merrill Lynch reportedly downgraded the glass company to neutral from buy , according to the Analyst Ratings Network.
- [By Ben Eisen and Saumya Vaishampayan]Owens Illinois Inc. (OI) Â was down 2.1% Friday. Analysts at Bank of America Merrill Lynch reportedly downgraded the glass company to neutral from buy , according to the Analyst Ratings Network.
Top Consumer Stocks For 2015: Rite Aid Corp (RAD)
Rite Aid Corporation, incorporated in 1968, is a retail drugstore chain in the United States. As of March 3, 2012, the Company operated drugstores in 31 states across the country and in the District of Columbia. As of March 3, 2012, it operated 4,667 stores. In the Companyâ€™s stores, it sells prescription drugs and a range of other merchandise, which it calls front end products. During the fiscal year ended March 3, 2012 (fiscal 2012), prescription drug sales accounted for 68.1% of its total sales. The Company carries a range of front end products, which accounted for 31.9% of its total sales in fiscal 2012. Front end products include over-the-counter medications, health and beauty aids, personal care items, cosmetics, household items, beverages, convenience foods, greeting cards, seasonal merchandise and other everyday and convenience products, as well as photo processing. It offers a variety of products under its private brands, which contributed approximately 17% of its front end sales in the categories where private brand products were offered in fiscal 2012. As of March 3, 2012, the Company had opened over 2,100 GNC stores-within-Rite Aid-stores. During fiscal 2012, the Company sold two owned operating stores to independent third parties.
During fiscal 2012, its stores filled approximately 295 million prescriptions and served an average of 2.1 million customers per day. The overall average size of each store in its chain is approximately 12,600 square feet. As of March 3, 2012, 60% of its stores were freestanding; 51% of its stores included a drive-thru pharmacy; 24% included one-hour photo shops, and 46% included a GNC store-within-Rite Aid-store. The Companyâ€™s customers may also order prescription refills over the Internet through www.riteaid.com, or over the phone through its telephonic automated refill systems for pick up at a Rite Aid store. It has a strategic alliance with GNC, a retailer of vitamin and mineral supplements.
- [By Grace L. Williams]Shares of CVS have advanced 2.7% to $68.74 at 3:0 p.m., trailing Walgreen’s (WAG) 5.3% rise to $63.87 but besting Rite Aid’s (RAD) 1.5% gain to $5.72.
- [By Reuters]Julio Cortez/AP NEW YORK — Many U.S. retailers had to ramp up promotions last month as shoppers continued to watch their spending during the holiday season, hitting profits at several chains. L Brands (LB) cut its earnings forecast for the holiday quarter Thursday after reporting disappointing December sales at its Victoria Secret and La Senza chains. The company said it had to offer more deals than expected, the second month in a row it has had to do so. Family Dollar Stores (FDO) and teen retailer Zumiez (ZUMZ), which both reported sales declines for December, also slashed their profit forecasts. Even retailers that saw big sales gains, such as Kay Jewelers parent Signet Jewelers (SIG), weren’t spared. “Additional discounting was necessary in a highly promotional retail environment,” Signet Chief Executive Officer Mike Barnes said in a statement. A group of nine U.S. retailers in the Thomson Reuters same-store sales index are expected Thursday to report a sales rise of 1.9 percent in December at stores open at least a year, well below the 7.2 percent increase of a year earlier. Including drugstore chains Walgreen (WAG) and Rite Aid (RAD), analysts estimate the rise at 2.7 percent. Gap (GPS) will report after the markets close Thursday. Faced with reticent shoppers worried about their job prospects and modest economic growth, retailers offered more discounts during the holiday season than a year earlier. Between Nov. 3 and Jan. 4, eight retailers, including Walmart Stores (WMT), Target (T) and Macy’s (M) , increased the number of circulars published by 6 percent and sent 57 percent more promotional emails, according to data prepared for Reuters by MarketTrack. Retailers also had to deal with shoppers who were less willing to go into stores: Data firm ShopperTrak this week said foot traffic had dropped 14.6 percent this holiday season. Walgreen, whose comparable sales of general merchandise rose 2.5 percent in December, said fewer shoppers had com
- [By Anora Mahmudova]Rite Aid Corp. (RAD) Â advanced 8.5% after the drugstore chain said same-store sales increased 2.9% in December over the same period a year ago, due to growth in its pharmacy division.
Top Consumer Stocks For 2015: Oxford Industries Inc.(OXM)
Oxford Industries, Inc. engages in designing, sourcing, and marketing apparel products primarily in the United States and the United Kingdom. The company?s apparel products comprise a portfolio of company-owned lifestyle brands, as well as company-owned and licensed brands of tailored clothing and golf apparel. Its owned and licensed brands include Tommy Bahama, Lilly Pulitzer, Ben Sherman, Billy London, Oxford Golf, Nickelson, and Arnold Brant. The company also holds licenses to produce and sell various categories of apparel products under the Kenneth Cole, Dockers, and Geoffrey Beene brand names. Its primary product line includes the Tommy Bahama brand men’s and women’s sportswear and related products for affluent men and women with age of 35 and older; the Lilly Pulitzer brand women’s and girl’s dresses, sportswear, and other products for young women, young mothers and their daughters, and women; the Ben Sherman brand men’s sportswear and related products for men ages 25 to 40; and branded and private label men’s suits, sport coats, suit separates, and dress slacks. In addition, the company licenses its Tommy Bahama, Lilly Pulitzer, and Ben Sherman brand names for various products categories, including apparel, accessories, footwear, watches, jewelry, luggage, rugs, wall coverings, fragrances and toiletries, shampoos and soaps, gift products, furniture, ceiling fans, stationery, bedding and home fashions, and table top accessories. Further, it operates restaurants under the Tommy Bahama brand name. It distributes company-owned lifestyle branded products through department stores, specialty stores, company-owned and licensed retail stores, and its e-commerce Websites; and branded and private label tailored clothing products through department stores, specialty stores, national chains, specialty catalogs, mass merchants, and Internet retailers. Oxford Industries, Inc. was founded in 1942 and is based in Atlanta, Georgia.
- [By Lauren Pollock]Oxford Industries Inc.’s(OXM) fiscal third-quarter earnings fell 70% despite continued sales growth at the apparel company’s Tommy Bahama and Lilly Pulitzer brands.
- [By Dan Caplinger]Oxford Industries (NYSE: OXM ) will release its quarterly report on Tuesday, and investors have stayed optimistic about the apparel company’s prospects, bidding the shares to all-time record highs in the past few months. With expectations for growth in Oxford earnings so high, though, investors need to be careful not to let the company’s stock price get ahead of its fundamental business prospects.
- [By Ben Levisohn]Not investors in Restoration Hardware (RH). Its shares have dropped 2% in after-hours trading after it reported a profit of 49 cents a share, above forecasts for 43 cents, but offered mixed guidance. Oxford Industries (OXM) is off 7.3% at $60 after it announced a profit of $1.01, ahead of 98 cents consensus forecasts, but lowered its 2013 guidance. Shares of SunEdison (SUNE) have dropped 5.4% to $7.90 after it announced a secondary offering.
Top Consumer Stocks For 2015: Lifeway Foods Inc (LWAY)
Lifeway Foods, Inc., (Lifeway), incorporated on May 19, 1986, is engaged in the manufacturing of probiotic, cultured, functional dairy and non-dairy health food products. The Companyâ€™s primary products are kefir sold under the name Lifeway Kefir and Helios Nutrition Organic Kefir; a line of yogurts sold under the Lassi brand, and BasicsPlus, a dairy based immune-supporting dietary supplement beverage. In addition to the drinkable products, Lifeway manufactures Lifeway Farmer Cheese, a line of various farmer cheeses, a line of gourmet cream cheeses, and Sweet Kiss, a fruit sugar-flavored spreadable cheese similar in consistency to cream cheese. The Company also manufactures and markets a vegetable-based seasoning under the Golden Zesta brand. Lifeway manufactures all of its products at Company-owned facilities and distributes its products throughout the United States.
Lifewayâ€™s primary product, kefir is a fermented dairy product. Lifewayâ€™s Kefir is a drinkable product intended for use as a breakfast meal or a snack, or as a base for lower-calorie dressings, dips, soups or sauces. Kefir is also used as the base of Lifewayâ€™s plain farmerâ€™s cheese, a cheese made without salt, sugar or animal rennet. In addition, kefir is the primary ingredient of Lifewayâ€™s Sweet Kiss product, a fruit sugar-flavored, cream cheese-like spread which is intended to be used as a dessert spread or frosting. Lifewayâ€™s Kefir is a drinkable kefir product manufactured in 10 regular and low-fat varieties, including plain, pomegranate, raspberry, blueberry, strawberry, cherry, peach, banana-strawberry, cappuccino and vanilla, and sold in 32-ounce containers and 8-ounce single serving containers featuring color-coded caps and labels describing nutritional information. The kefir product is marketed under the name Lifewayâ€™s Kefir and is sold by retailers from their dairy sections.
Lifewayâ€™s Organic Kefir meets the organic standards and specifications of the United States Department of Agriculture for organic products and is manufactured in five flavors: plain, wildberry, raspberry, strawberry and peach. Lifewayâ€™s Organic Kefir is sweetened with organic cane juice. Lifewayâ€™s Slim6 is a line of low-fat kefir beverages with no added sugar designed for consumers who follow low-carbohydrate diets. Lifewayâ€™s Slim6 has only eight grams of carbohydrates and 2.5 grams of fat per 8-ounce serving and is available in five flavors: strawberries nâ€™ cream, mixed berry, tropical fruit, strawberry-banana and an original, unsweetened version. ProBugs is a kefir product that contains 10 live and active kefir cultures. Aimed at children ages 2-9, ProBugscomes in three flavors, Sublime Slime Lime, Orange Creamy Crawler and Goo-Berry Pie and is packaged in no spill spout pouches designed as cartoon bug characters Peter, Polly and Penelope ProBug.
Farmer Cheese is based on a cultured soft cheese and is intended to be used in a variety of recipes as a low fat, low-cholesterol, low-calorie substitute for cream cheese or ricotta, and is available in various styles. Sweet Kiss is a sweet cheese probiotic spread available in five flavors: plain, plain with raisins, apple, peach and chocolate. Elita and Bambino cheeses are low-fat, low-cholesterol kefir based cheese spreads, which are marketed as an alternative to cream cheese. Krestyanski Tworog is a European-style kefir-based soft style cheese which can also be used in a variety of recipes, eaten with a spoon, used as a cheese spread, or substituted in recipes for cream cheese, ricotta cheese or cottage cheese and is marketed to consumers of various Eastern European ethnicities.
Basics Plus is a kefir-based beverage product designed to support gastrointestinal functions and the immune system. Kefir Starter is a powdered form of kefir that is sold in envelope packets and allows a consumer to make his or her own drinkable kefir at home by adding milk. Lifeway continues to develop sales of this product through the Internet. Lassi is a cultured drink inspired by the traditions of India and is sold in 8-ounce containers in two flavors, strawberry and mango. Golden Zesta is a vegetable-based seasoning, which, because of its low sodium content, may also be used as a salt substitute and is marketed to delicatessens, gourmet shops and ethnic grocers. Helios Nutrition Organic Kefir is a kefir product made from organic milk and manufactured with a blend of active cultures. It is sold in 8 and 32 ounce bottles and made in five flavors: peach, plain, strawberry, vanilla and raspberry.
The Company competes with Danone Foods, Inc.
- [By Rich Smith]Shares of Lifeway Foods (NASDAQ: LWAY ) are on a tear, up nearly a full $1 (or 8.3%) since reporting earnings last week. But is the price spike justified? Let’s find out.
- [By James Brumley]Once the budget impasse is wrapped up though, a new Dairy Stabilization Act should be right around the corner. That’s good news for a small-cap company like dairy farm Lifeway Foods (LWAY), which saw its shares fall nearly 25% over the course of August and September when the budget impasse was shaping up.
Top Consumer Stocks For 2015: Harman International Industries Incorporated (HAR)
Harman International Industries, Incorporated designs, develops, manufactures, and markets audio products, lighting solutions, and electronic systems, as well as digitally integrated audio and infotainment systems for the automotive industry worldwide. Its Infotainment segment offers infotainment systems for vehicle applications to be installed primarily as original equipment by automotive manufacturers. The companyÂ’s Lifestyle segment provides automotive audio systems for vehicle applications; and a range of mid-to high-end loudspeaker and electronics for home, multimedia, and mobile applications. It also offers home audio and theater systems, and distributed systems for home applications; a range of accessories, such as earbuds and noise cancelling headphones for multimedia applications; transducers and built-in speakers for notebook computers; audio systems for personal computers; and aftermarket mobile products, including speakers, amplifiers, and digital signal proce ssors that deliver in-car audio. This segment markets its products under the JBL, AKG, Harman/Kardon, Infinity, Mark Levinson, Revel, Logic 7, Lexicon, and Selenium brand names. Its Professional segment provides a range of loudspeakers, power amplifiers, digital signal processors, microphones, headphones, mixing consoles, and IDX information delivery systems for concert halls, stadiums, airports, houses of worship, and other public spaces; products to the sound reinforcement, music instrument support, and broadcast and recording segments of the professional audio market; systems solutions for professional installations and users; and lighting solutions to the entertainment, architectural, and commercial sectors. This segment markets its products under the JBL Professional, AKG, Crown, Soundcraft, Lexicon, DigiTech, dbx, BSS, Studer, Martin, and Selenium brand names. Harman International Industries, Incorporated was founded in 1980 and is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticu t.
- [By John Udovich]Yesterday after the market closed, small cap audio stock Skullcandy Inc (NASDAQ: SKUL) reported earnings and began rising in after hours trading, meaning its worth taking a closer look at the stock along with the performance of other audio stocks like mid cap Harman International Industries Inc (NYSE: HAR) and small caps Koss Corporation (NASDAQ: KOSS) and Parametric Sound Corp (NASDAQ: PAMT). I should mention that inÂ late 2012, Skullcandy had the dubious distinction of being the marketâ€™s most shorted stock (see: Long Live the Shorts or the Short Squeeze? SKUL, AM & UBNT) with shortÂ interest of 86.47% and there would still be a lot of shorts out there who might start feeling the squeeze (Note: SKUL is at least no longer on the HighShortInterest.com list)
- [By MONEYMORNING]More to the point, Harman International Industries Inc. (NYSE: HAR) has moved beyond its audio roots and now ranks as a bona fide tech powerhouse.
- [By Ben Levisohn]The Consumer Electronics Show begins next week–and it could have a big impact on the shares of Harman International (HAR), as Google (GOOG) and Apple (AAPL) look to make inroads in the auto space.
- [By Double Dividend Stocks]Options Opportunities: 2 stocks jumped out in the above group as still being undervalued on a PEG basis – STX and Harman Industries, (HAR).
(click to enlarge)
Top Consumer Stocks For 2015: Zep Inc.(ZEP)
Zep Inc. produces and markets cleaning and maintenance chemicals, and related products and services for commercial, industrial, institutional and consumer applications. Its products include anti-bacterial and industrial hand care products, cleaners, degreasers, deodorizers, disinfectants, floor finishes, sanitizers, pest- and weed-control products, air-care products and delivery systems, and various automotive maintenance chemicals. The company markets its products and services under various brands, such as Zep, Selig, ArmorAll, Niagara, Enforcer, Zep Commercial, RedMax Pro, Rubbermaid Commercial, Original Bike Spirits, Country Vet, Zep Professional, Microbemax, Misty, TimeMist, i-Chem, TimeWick, and Next Dimension brands, as well as private label and original equipment manufacturer private brands. It serves customers in industrial maintenance, janitorial/sanitation, and automotive markets; transportation, food processing, industrial manufacturing, and food service industr ies; and contractors, small business owners, and homeowners in the United States, Canada, and Europe. The company was founded in 1937 and is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.
- [By Wallace Witkowski]Zep Inc. (ZEP) Â is estimated to report fiscal first-quarter earnings of 15 cents a share on revenue of $160.3 million.
- [By Laura Brodbeck]Monday
Earnings Releases Expected: Sonic Corp (NASDAQ: SONC), Calavo Growers, Inc. (NASDAQ: CVGW), Zep Inc. (NYSE: ZEP) Economic Releases Expected: Â Spanish services PMI, Italian services PMI, French services PMI, German services PMI, eurozone services PMI, British services PMI, eurozone investor confidence, German CPI, Australian trade balanceTuesday
Top Consumer Stocks For 2015: Whirlpool Corporation(WHR)
Whirlpool Corporation engages in the manufacture and marketing of home appliances worldwide. Its principal products include laundry appliances, refrigerators and freezers, cooking appliances, dishwashers, mixers, and other portable household appliances. The company also produces hermetic compressors for refrigeration systems. It markets and distributes its products under various brand names, including Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Roper, Estate, Admiral, Gladiator, Inglis, Acros, Supermatic, Consul, Brastemp, Eslabón de Lujo, Bauknecht, Ignis, Laden, Polar, and Privileg in North and Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia. Whirlpool Corporation sells its products to retailers, dealers, distributors, builders, and other manufacturers. The company was founded in 1898 and is headquartered in Benton Harbor, Michigan.
- [By Ben Levisohn]If January’s selloff was all about the emerging markets, February’s is all about the U.S, as fears of a weaker economy have helped drag down 3M (MMM), United Technologies (UTX), General Electric (GE), Whirlpool (WHR) and Kansas City Southern (KSU).
- [By Holly LaFon]Pimco managing director Mark Kiesel mentions Whirlpool (WHR), Weyerhaeuser (WY), USG (USG), Toll Brothers (TOLL) and KB Home (KBH) as good plays on housing:Â
- [By Ben Levisohn]The S&P 500 has gained 0.3%, while the Dow Jones Industrial Average has risen 0.2%. The S&P 500 is being led higher by oil refiners–Valero Energy has gained 4.5% to $43.10 and Marathon Petroleum (MPC) has risen 4.3% to $78.32–and by homebuilders–PulteHome has jumped 3.6% to $17.65 and Lennar is up 3.2% at $34.38. Whirlpool (WHR) rounds out the top-five S&P 500 performers with a 3.6% gain to $149.41.
Top Consumer Stocks For 2015: Philip Morris International Inc(PM)
Philip Morris International Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes and other tobacco products in markets outside of the United States. Its international product brand line comprises Marlboro, Merit, Parliament, Virginia Slims, L&M, Chesterfield, Bond Street, Lark, Muratti, Next, Philip Morris, and Red & White. The company also offers its products under the A Mild, Dji Sam Soe, and A Hijau in Indonesia; Diana in Italy; Optima and Apollo-Soyuz in the Russian Federation; Morven Gold in Pakistan; Boston in Colombia; Belmont, Canadian Classics, and Number 7 in Canada; Best and Classic in Serbia; f6 in Germany; Delicados in Mexico; Assos in Greece; and Petra in the Czech Republic and Slovakia. It operates primarily in the European Union, Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia, Canada, and Latin America. The company is based in New York, New York.
- [By Ben Levisohn]Shares of Lorillard have jumped 4.6% to $51.29 at 1:32 p.m. today, while Reynolds American has gained 2.5% to $52.12 and British American Tobacco has dropped 1.1% to $107.62. Altria Group (MO), meanwhile, has risen 0.4% to $36.43 and Philip Morris International (PM) has declined 0.9% to $80.21.
- [By Kelley Wright]Tobacco is a controversial business; but for Philip Morris International (PM), it’s a market basically unaffected by economic slowdowns or rising commodity prices, which means it is stable and defensive; a combination we can live with. We also like the $3.76 dividend, outstanding growth, and a five-year average return on equity of over 160.
- [By Laura Brodbeck]Thursday
Earnings Expected From: Credit Suisse Group (NYSE: CS), Expedia Inc. (NASDAQ: EXPE), Kellogg Company (NYSE: K), LinkedIn Corporation (NYSE: LNKD), Philip Morris International Inc. (NYSE: PM) Economic Releases Expected: French trade balance, British trade balance, eurozone consumer confidence, German industrial production, Bank of England interest rate decision, European Central Bank interest rate decision, US initial and continuing jobless claims, Chinese trade balanceFriday
Top Consumer Stocks For 2015: Tesla Motors Inc.(TSLA)
Tesla Motors, Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, and sells electric vehicles and advanced electric vehicle powertrain components. It offers Tesla Roadster, an electric sports car. The company markets and sells its vehicles directly to consumers through the phone and Internet, as well as through its network of Tesla stores. It operates 18 Tesla stores located in Boulder, Chicago, Los Angeles, Menlo Park, Miami, New York, Newport Beach, San Jose, Seattle, Washington, D.C., Copenhagen, London, Milan, Monaco, Munich, Paris, Tokyo, and Zurich. The company was founded in 2003 and is headquartered in Palo Alto, California.
- [By John Udovich]Electric vehicle industry along with related stocks like Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ: TSLA), Kandi Technologies Group Inc (NASDAQ: KNDI), HydroPhi Technologies Group, Inc (OTCMKTS: HPTG) and Green Automotive Co (OTCMKTS: GACR) continue to produce a steady flow of interesting news for investors or would be electric car owners alike:
- [By James E. Brumley]To give credit where it’s due, Tesla Motors Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA) has been the one company to make electric vehicles a viable reality, melding coolness and functionality – even if not affordability – into an automobile that people will like, and buy. Yet, although TSLA shares are understandably priced relative to the company’s sales and potential future earnings, investors and consumers alike may be errantly holding Tesla up as the harbinger of the electric vehicle era. The fact of the matter is, EV’s are still a miniscule part of the auto market, and due to a lack of capacity and materials needed to put an electric car in every driveway, the real opportunity for carmakers like Honda Motor Co Ltd (NYSE:HMC) or Toyota Motor Corp (NYSE:TM) is to radically improve the efficiency of existing technologies like the combustion engine. Thing is, with the help of companies like Cummins Inc. (NYSE:CMI) and HydroPhi Technologies Group, Inc. (OTCMKTS:HPTG), names like Honda and Toyota really are making big strides in auto motor efficiency, with the biggest of those recent strides being made in the diesel arena. All joking aside, Tesla and other electric vehicle manufactures may want to look over their shoulder and see how quickly the diesel market is gaining on them.
- [By Jason Hall]Tesla Motors (NASDAQ: TSLA ) Â and TrexÂ (NYSE: TREX ) have almost nothing in common. One is an innovative leader with expertise in a product that reduces greenhouse gas emissions versus its competitors, generally caters to an upscale clientele, and grew like crazy last year.Â
Top Consumer Stocks For 2015: Lance Inc.(LNCE)
Snyder?s-Lance, Inc. manufactures, markets, and distributes snack food products primarily in the United States. Its products include pretzels, sandwich crackers, kettle chips, cookies, potato chips, tortilla chips, other salty snacks, sugar wafers, nuts, and restaurant style crackers. The company sells its products principally under the Snyder?s of Hanover, Lance, Cape Cod, Krunchers!, Jays, Tom?s, Archway, Grande, Stella D?oro, O-Ke-Doke, EatSmart, and Padrinos brand names. It also purchases and sells cakes, meat snacks, and candy under its brands, as well as partner brand products for resale. Snyder?s-Lance, Inc. sells its products through direct-store-delivery network, distributors, and direct sales to grocery/mass merchandisers, convenience stores, club stores, discount stores, food service establishments, drug stores, schools, military and government facilities, recreational facilities, offices, and other independent retailers. The company was formerly known as L ance, Inc. and changed its name to Snyder?s-Lance, Inc. in December 2010. Snyder?s-Lance, Inc. was founded in 1912 and is headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina with additional offices in Hanover, Pennsylvania.
- [By Rich Duprey]As part of snack food makerÂ Snyder’s-Lance’sÂ (NASDAQ: LNCE ) first-quarter earnings report today,Â itÂ announced the paymentÂ of its regularly quarterly dividend of $0.16 per share.
- [By Alex Planes]At a quarter the size of Snyder’s-Lance (NASDAQ: LNCE ) , Diamond could actually be a buyout candidate in its own right, assuming its larger competitors can come to trust its accounting. It would be an easy acquisition for either Kellogg or General MillsÂ (NYSE: GIS ) , neither of which has any notable nut or popcorn brands to speak of.